The Peer Research Advisors in Collins Library:
- Are current University of Puget Sound students, hired through an intensive process, who provide research assistance to other students in a supportive, peer environment.
- Are experienced student researchers who are extensively trained in a broad range of research tools and strategies across the disciplines.
- Work closely with the liaison librarians to support student research in the first-year seminars (SSIs) and other introductory-level courses.
A Peer Research Advisor can:
- Help you turn a topic into a question as well as get you started on finding evidence (and counter-evidence!) to help you create a persuasive response to that question.
- Work with you to identify relevant databases to locate the information you need.
- Offer guidance on evaluating the sources you do find.
- Help out with citation issues.
- Provide an empathetic ear when you get stuck on a research problem and work with you to generate possible solutions.