Skip to Main Content

Borrowing Privileges

Library Card

  • Current students, faculty, and staff of Summit (Orbis-Cascade Alliance) libraries are eligible to use Collins Library resources. You are required to have your home university ID and will be required to fill out an information card. Privileges are non-transferable. ***Alumni from these consortium institutions are not eligible for library privileges at this time.  However, they can purchase a community card to obtain privileges.
  • Cost: No cost
  • Expiration date: Consortium members will have an expiration date of 5/31, 8/31, or 12/31 depending on the date of activation.
  • Are you from a Summit library?  Check the Orbis-Cascade Alliance website to see if your institution is a member.
  • Computer usage: Summit Visitors may use electronic resources within the library but are not eligible for remote access. 

Summit Visitor Checkout Privileges

  • Books: 10 books. 6 weeks with one 6-week renewal.
  • Print journals: 1 week
  • Reference: 1 day
  • Open Reserves: Library use only OR (1-day, 2-day, or 3-day checkout)
  • Media: DVDs & CDs - 4 weeks with 1-week renewal
  • Other: No Interlibrary Loan.

Additional Borrowing Information

  • All UPS students, faculty, and staff are eligible to utilize the resources at Collins Memorial Library. Affiliated users have limited access to materials. The library requires that patrons present valid identification at each checkout and pick up transaction. Privileges are non-transferable.
  • Visitors may seek a librarian’s assistance with resources at Collins Library, but service is limited. We encourage visitors to start with their public or academic library to ensure they have utilized their local or regional resources. Puget Sound students, faculty and staff have priority in Reference Service and the use of all library resources and equipment.
  • Lost cards: If you lose your university ID or UPS Library issued card, please notify the library as soon as possible, so that there are no further checkouts using that card. Also, notify Dining Services if you have lost your university ID, replacement fees may apply.