Some questions to think about before you dive in:
- Have you considered the full range of possible primary sources and only then selected the text?
- Do you/will you have access to the primary source(s) in the editions you need?
- Need help with identifying potential primary sources? Search Literature Resource Center and Gale Literature Criticism for lists of literary works.
- Who was reading what when? Issues of readership and reception may be important! Do you need access to these historical sources themselves?
- The MLA International Bibliography is the obvious subject database to search, but would it be helpful to also search the databases of other disciplines, specifically philosophy, medicine, or religion?
- Will it be helpful to note reactions to various critical approaches? For example, will you need to look at reviews of scholarly books?